Sunday, December 16, 2007

run with me?

I was with a group of friends, and we were all in a circle talking and laughing. We were pretty much the only things that existed in our eyes. The things around us only mattered a little, like an old shirt matters only a little when you get a new one. Suddenly, by grace I was drawn away from myself and the others, to something magnificent. I could hardly see it through the haze of busy excitement around me. It looked quite small and insignificant, and very easy to ignore…yet I was being drawn toward it, I know not how or why. As I dared to step out of my comfortable circle of friends, it became a little brighter, like a faint lantern off in the distance on a snowy night slowly growing more vivid. I did not know what to do but come closer. As I did, I saw that it was a prize. Not a piece of medal or gold cup, but a man. He was stricken and bruised, crimson from blood, yet white as snow. He was shinning in the light, the most beautiful view I have ever seen. He was humble, yet looked like a king, everything about him declared power and majesty. His arms were open, and behind him, though I could not perceive it completely except for a ray of light, was heaven, a glorious view to behold. As I gazed forward, I did not realize where I was standing until I looked down. I had begun to tread on a path that was rocky and hard, it was a path of toil and pain. To my dismay, it was the only way to this glory. I wanted to turn back immediately and get off the treacherous path and sprint the opposite way where it was easy and looked nice. I wanted to join my friends again and laugh about the easy things. Yet I cannot, even though the hard path stares cold, raw, and evilly at me, that glimpse of glory is tugging at my heart, and I want to run after it, to run towards the goal---Christ’s glory. As I look at my dear friends, I urge them to come too…


Run with me, towards the goal?


K.E.H.

3 comments:

Lin said...

You added me as a link? I feel loved. :)
You all need to come over some time soon!

Karen Elizabeth said...

Of course! : D That would be so much fun! We should get together for sure...

holly darling smith said...

Merry Christmas, sweetheart.