Wednesday, June 20, 2007

not merely idioms...

What if….no reason existed? Zero order in this world? What if….no purpose lived? What if….everything was phrases and nothing rang true? What if…. que sera sera (whatever will be, will be) was the only answer? Nobody could be sane with such absurdity! In every life, something is the anchor in the core of a person. It is what they live by, it is who they are, it is meaning and purpose. Something has captured them, and they, if they are an earnest person will put their whole self into it. Ambitions, dreams, urges, cravings, motivations, everything. What is your anchor? What are your motivations? What is your“everything”?


K.E.H

3 comments:

Lo said...

wow that got me thinking. thanks

Taylor Wells said...

awesome thoughts Karen.... I have often thought about it myself (like the Coldplay song "What If"). It brings me grant pity for the lost when I think about their life's.... nothing to live for, only them selfs. And it also brings me even more sadness when I think about my own life. How even though I have a hope and a future in Christ, I find myself running and living for the same things the lost do. thanks-cya-tay

Karen Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think we all may go through that at some point.